"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3-4
Only three more weeks to go until Cassidy joins us (that is unless she has a mind of her own and comes before or after her due date). We are so excited and anxious at what the near future will bring. As Greg an I continue to get "things" ready for her- painting her nursery, organizing closets, washing laundry, etc. I was beginning to feel the need to brag about our son Carson and all the joy he has brought to our lives already.
During one of his naps, I went through all the pictures we had of Carson since he was born and decided to choose a few pictures to post. I had a really hard time choosing pictures so I limited it to the first year. The first year was a year of unforgettable growth (for mommy and daddy too), experiences, challenges, and undeniably the most love shared!
The bond between a mother and son is so special and my prayer is that the bond continues to grow. The things I hope he never grows out of: a genuine concern for mommy - making sure she is okay, a soft touch on mommy's face, an attempted back rub, an arm around the back, a desire to hold mommy's hand, and so much more! I love his enthusiasm, his giggles, his boldness to try things on his own, his desire for the outdoors, his sly grin when he is hiding something, his athleticism, his motivation to help, and the love he shares. Carson surprises me daily as his language develops - just this morning he politely said, "no thank you mommy." Now, I know to treasure these moments - not all 2 year olds are going to keep this up. :-)
I am so thankful for Carson- his innocence, and love encouraged me through my biggest struggles and losses a year ago and in those instances it was easy to see the Lord reflected in Carson's eyes. Matthew 21: 15-16 says "But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were shouting in the temple, 'Hosanna to the son of David,' they became indignant and said to Him, 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' And Jesus said to them, 'Yes, have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies You have prepared praise for Yourself'?"
The Lord has prepared praise for Himself through children! What a marvelous realization! I have been a witness to His glory through my son - everytime I look in his eyes I see Christ's love. Thank you Lord for all you have given!
Here are a few pictures of Carson during his first year (born April 2006) and ending with a recent picture of my big boy - GQ style! I know I am biased, but no baby boy is cuter!




1 comment:
Sweet post :) He is a handsome boy. I like his recent hair style. I can't believe you have 3 weeks (give or take) to go! Yay!
Post a Comment