So, today is my birthday - 29! I dreamt that Greg had given me a trip to Europe and we were leaving on the red eye tonight! Pretty farfetched, in fact completely ridiculous and the only reason I remembered it was because Carson woke up and interrupted the pleasant dream at 6:35AM. Greg wished me Happy birthday and then shook my world when he said "enjoy today, it your last day with a 2 in front of it." What?!? Oh my! I have spent 9 years being twenty something, not thinking about being thirty something, and only have one more year to indulge in my twenties. Where has the time gone?!? Am I really that old?!? Well, 7 years of marriage and 2 children later, I realize that 29 is not
that unbelievable. I wonder what this year will bring and I wonder if the years in my 30's will be just as joyous - wait, what of my doing - I do not need to think about being 30 for one my year. Greg's comment just caught me in the gut and I all I can think about is how writing my age will drastically change next year. Can I even write a 3? ;-)
Carson was told it was my birthday and he gave me a great big morning hug. I told him I was 29 and he said, "No, you are 3 like me." He then asked when was my birthday and after a few more questions I realized he was talking about a birthday party. He asked daddy where my birthday cake and presents were (way to go son). We explained to him that mommies and daddies don't always have big parties like Carson, but he was still worried about my cake and presents. All hope was restored when daddy pulled out a card and Carson signed it and gave it to me. Whew! oh, how the little minds work!
6 comments:
Happy birthday old lady... I mean old lady next year!
happy birthday jodi!!!!!! hope you have a wonderful day!!! (maybe your big present is your trip to europe!!!)
Happy Birthday friend!!! I have been 29 for four years now, don't worry about it. I think your dream would make and excellent 30th birthday present though!
Happy Birthday, Friend! I'm going to be 27 and I'm already feeling weird about being that close to 30. :) You HAVE had a full 20's. I'm glad you get to celebrate with little Cassidy and Carson. Miss you!
Don't worry Jodi, you don't look even close to being almost thirty! Besides you can always call it 20-10 next year ;) (from Fever Pitch)
Have a wonderfil birthday!!
Ruth
Just had lunch with your dad... he was telling us what a GREAT 29 years it has been! Happy Birthday!
*amy*
Post a Comment