Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cassidy's Last Present

So, it is finally time to announce to the blogging world that Cassidy is going to be a big sister! yeah! At her birthday party (seems like ages ago) Cassidy opened this gift from her mommy and daddy in front of family and friends. It took about a couple of minutes for the guests to notice the words on the ribbon of the hat. ;-) Did you? It was exciting to reveal it to our family this way!
I haven't posted this news until now for a couple of reasons: exhaustion (my blog posts have lessened considerably) and I wanted to wait until my 1st ultrasound. I didn't have my appointment for my ultrasound until last Friday. So, baby Cope #3 is due Sept. 17 and we couldn't be happier! I loved seeing my baby move around in my belly and listen to a quick and strong heartbeat. To be honest, being pregnant is rough on me. I love the growing belly and I can't wait to feel the baby move and grow inside me, but I am sick all day, exhausted, and food is never appetizing. Isn't that sad? I actually look forward to my first meal in the hospital because it will be the first meal I will enjoy in 9 months! I think being pregnant with 2 little ones adds to the exhaustion, however, Carson is a big help.
Cassidy and baby will be about 19 months apart, whew! I am excited and nervous about what that will entail... best friends and enemies?? ;-) I can't wait! Carson is such a great big brother and I can't wait to see him build another lifelong companion.
I pray for God to weave together our baby expertly and with purpose as only He can. That the baby will be strong and healthy and that our changing family will do amazing things for His glory! I pray that I trust in God's control and not let the fear of possible dangers consume my thoughts. I pray that God do amazing things through the children He is blessed us with and I pray that Greg and I are listeners of His purpose. What an exciting time this is!

Ultrasound pics coming soon- I couldn't figure out how to use my scanner. :-(

10 comments:

The Washams said...

Congrats, Jodi! I saw a picture of you at Tracy Allbrights baby shower & I was a little suspicious that that might be the 'Big News' :)!!! You're such a cute little pregant gal. I'll be praying with you that your baby continues to be healthy & will also pray that you're not as sick this time!

Wright Family said...

Jodi, you have a great "way with words" and God is "at work"! We're praying for continued good health for you & the growing (Riverside) Cope family! September is gonna be BIG in our family!! :)

Shaun, Erica, Isaac, Parker, & Blake said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea that that was going to be the big news!!! Congratulations! ;) Hehehe!

the mangiafico family said...

yay!!!!!! we are due 1 day apart!!!!!!! :o)
so happy for the cope family, congrats a million times!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! I hope you feel better and that this pregnancy will be a little easier. I am due on Sept 11th! Brooke and baby #2 will be 12 days shy of 2 years apart. I have thought the same thing about best friends or enemies :) probably both! So excited for you guys!

Erica Thompson said...

Congrats Cope family! Having your kids so close together is exhausting but SOOOO rewarding! They will be each others best friends!

Larissa said...

congratulations, Jody!!! :)

Wright Family said...

Why does "189 days" sound soooo much sooner than "September" to me?? :/

The Washams said...

Do you have an email account? I had a question for you & wasn't sure how to contact you. Mine is washamgirl@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Cindi

kb said...

We are so happy that the Lord has blessed your family with another child! Praying you through the pregnancy... and as you raise them to know Him.
Hugs,
Kristi