Cassidy will be two years old on Monday the 31st. One of of the things we did to celebrate her birthday was go to Disneyland. Jodi's parents, her brother and his girlfriend joined us for the fun. For the first time, we took their RV to Disneyland. That worked out really nice as I was able to take Cassidy back there in the afternoon for her nap and you get to park really close to the trams.

The highlight of the day for Carson was Jedi Training. This was the third time we saw the show and the second time Carson participated in the training. Bravo Disney, bravo. From the music and the costumes, from the cast members to the scrip, this is one great show. This training is no joke for Carson. He is very attentive to the instructions of the Jedi and courageous battling Darth Vader (that's who Carson is battling below).
The highlight of the day for me (Greg) was Jedi Training. It was a ton of fun watching Carson eat up his training. Jedi. Storm Troopers. Darth Maul. Darth Vader. Yoda wisdom. I was capturing it all through my camera lens. At one point when Vader and his imperial forces were trying to turn our Jedi-in-training to the dark side, Darth Vader pointed right at me. I froze. His force pierced right through my lens and I think my neck began to tighten up; then I snapped out of it and realized he was gifting me a precious photo op. So in rapid fire I burst off some photos and then gave him a Jedi-headnod affirming that I got my pictures; so then Vader returned to his unsuccessful recruiting. What a moment. What a day. I'm sure the lore of this encounter will only be exaggerated over the coming years as I retell this story to my children and my children's children.
The highlight of the day for me (Greg) was Jedi Training. It was a ton of fun watching Carson eat up his training. Jedi. Storm Troopers. Darth Maul. Darth Vader. Yoda wisdom. I was capturing it all through my camera lens. At one point when Vader and his imperial forces were trying to turn our Jedi-in-training to the dark side, Darth Vader pointed right at me. I froze. His force pierced right through my lens and I think my neck began to tighten up; then I snapped out of it and realized he was gifting me a precious photo op. So in rapid fire I burst off some photos and then gave him a Jedi-headnod affirming that I got my pictures; so then Vader returned to his unsuccessful recruiting. What a moment. What a day. I'm sure the lore of this encounter will only be exaggerated over the coming years as I retell this story to my children and my children's children.
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Cassidy, my future daughter in law! Hopefully one of my boys will work for you... Jeez, you may even get three to pick from!;)
Cassidy looks completely "thrilled" to be at Disneyland...gotta LOVE "the LOOK" these little ones give us sometimes!! :)
Yes, Carson looks like he surely does take his "Jedi training" VERY seriously! :)
Hey, where was Connor for the birthday girl's Disneyland "day of adventure"?
You guys are truly blessed! :)
Post a Comment