After the parade, we spent the remainder of the day at the Greeley Stampede. It is a carnival/rodeo/etc that runs a couple of weeks each summer in Greeley. We had two highly memorable moments for us at the Stampede. First, we couldn't find Cassidy for about 10 minutes. That's right, we lost our daughter in the middle of a fair. She wandered about 40 yards away, getting closer to one of the music stages. It was not a fun experience. Thankfully, Cassidy was the least disturbed by the situation. It reminds me how imperfect I am as a parent. We are grateful that God watches over our children.
The other memorable moment at the Stampede was Mutton Bustin. This is actually a fun memory. Mutton Bustin is a scaled down version of bull riding. Replace the adult with a child between the ages of 3 and 7 who weighs under 55 pounds. Replace the bull with a sheep. So... Carson (and his youngest CO cousin) got to go Mutton Bustin. They only allow about 45 kids to go Bustin each day so we had to sign them up on a list (don't want to overwork those sheep) and sign our child's life away on a consent form :) Carson held on tight for about 10 yards before falling off, without injury or getting trampled on. The first thing he said afterwards to us was: "Can I do it again?"
4 comments:
How fun you guys!! I bet Carson just loved riding the sheep! I will have to get Taylor on one of our own sheep in NZ when she is big enough. I think I remember Jason saying he rode them as a kid as well. Glad you had a good time. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Ruth
That's what I'm talking about, some good wild moments to add to your memory bank! Fun...Stuff sometimes after the fact, but still fun!
Wow! You blog more on vacation then you do at home... I like it! Glad you had fun. Isaac loved the picture of Carson on the sheep!
You guys live life on the edge! Surely you wouldn't have it any other way! Yes...it is good to know that God is watching over us! :)
Post a Comment