Saturday, March 7, 2009

One Month Old!?

I can't believe Cassidy is already a month old. In fact, writing this I realize she is five weeks old!! I have sat at the computer trying to put into words how I feel whenever I think about our little girl...all I can say is that my heart is full.

I love observing Carson interact with his sister! Carson is such a great big brother - he loves to give kisses(still), wishes she was awake more, can't wait until she can walk, and reaches for the pacifier every time Cassidy cries. In fact, Carson is getting so much practice "helping" that he decided to help his friend Isaac Higgins last night with his dinner and sippy cup. We caught Carson feeding Isaac! I only wish I had captured it on camera.
I also love what has happened to my relationship with Carson. He kisses my forehead when I am trying to sleep beyond 6:30AM, he wraps his arm around me on the couch, desires to be in the same room as me, and at bed time we always have a contest on who loves each other more followed by I Love You bug attacks. I do have to confess that at first this much attention was exhausting, but when I embraced it, these special moments throughout the day are little treasures in my heart.
I know that both of my children ultimately belong to my heavenly father and I try to remind myself of this all the time. Stormie Omartian, author of The Power of a Praying Parent, Book of Prayers has a prayer in her book that helped me a great deal during the first part of my pregnancy when fear gripped me and I caught myself reflecting on it again as Cassidy turned 1 month old.

Lord I come to you in Jesus' name and give Carson and Cassidy to you. I am convinced that You alone know what is best for them. You alone know what they need. I release them to You to care for and protect, and I commit myself to pray for everything concerning them that I can think of or that You put upon my heart.

Teach me how to pray and guide me in what to pray about. Help me not to impose my own will when I'm praying for them, but rather enable me to pray that Your will be done in their lives. Help me not to live in fear of possible dangers, but in the joy and peace of knowing that You are in control. I rely on You for everything, and this day I trust my children to You, and release Carson and Cassidy into Your hands.

Matthew 7:11
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

This is right after Cassidy's one month checkup. She is stretching for the camera - showing off how much she has grown. At this appointment she was 21 inches long (2 inches longer than at birth) and 8 lbs. 7.5 oz. (nearly 2 lbs. heavier than at birth). Notice the bandaid on her left leg? Yes, she got a shot and it was very sweet watching Carson trying to comfort her. I believe she is sticking out her tongue at her big brother. :-)

3 comments:

Wright Family said...

As sweet as she looks in the photos...she is sweeter & cuter in person!

And I can vouch for the "good helper" comment about Carson...he (almost by himself) cleared the table after lunch the other day...pretty impressive!! Grandma Margie said it was probably somewhat driven by the desire for us to "get up and play" with him. STILL impressive!! :)

the mangiafico family said...

jodi - she's adorable!!!!! love the pic of her sticking her tongue out - her legs are so long and skinny!!!! =)

Stephanie said...

I like the way you have embraced Carson's attachment to you - it seems like a great outlook! I'm glad things are going so well. She's adorable, of course. Keep the pictures coming!!