Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

On June 15th, Greg and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I say wedding anniversary because if I included the years we dated our anniversary would nearly double to 14 years! Yes, that is true - we were highschool sweethearts and first started dating in the summer of 1995. In typing that year, I am astonished at how long we have been together. It is no wonder we can finish each other's sentences, read each other's facial expressions and body languages, and can dictate many of each other's lifechanging stories because most of them happened together! :-) For our anniversary I made a shadowbox of keepsakes from our highschool days. It included a photo of us as Fred and Wilma for Halloween, a ticket stub to "Titanic," and a note he wrote to me during 4th period. It was a lot of fun looking through my collection of poems, pictures, movie stubs, and written notes. Here is just one of the poems Greg wrote me:
The sun shines bright even in the night,
My heart is full of love.
You are the one who holds my heart, much like the One above.
At times I wish I knew, the future that's for me.
To know if you're the one who'll have my kids, to know if you're meant for me.

He is quite the romantic and a terrific author! One of my favorite memories of our dating years was the "Three envelope game." Greg would have 3 different dates sealed in three envelopes and I would choose the envelope. I often believed and maybe still do that he really only had one date sealed in each envelope, but he promises that they were all different! I love you Greg Cope and look forward to sharing many more memories with you as we raise our children and hope in our future!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How sweet!!! Does Greg know you posted his love poems?

kb said...

Awww. I never knew my little brother is such the romantic. Congratulations!

the mangiafico family said...

happy anniversary greg & jodi!!! =)