Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Connor is 3 months!

Connor turned 12 weeks old on Monday and I can't believe it! He has grown so much and I love observing his joyful personality. He is full of smiles and cuddles and has such an easy-going demeanor. At 10 weeks old a good friend of ours took some family pics and we had to be sure to include some with just Connor. I am trying very hard to not fit the stereotype that with each child the less pictures you take of them. Below is a collage of our sweet Connor.

Back in October Connor was dedicated to the Lord in front of our church, Magnolia Avenue Baptist. Each of our children have been dedicated and we take it as an important reminder that Carson, Cassidy, and now Connor are gifts given to us and ultimately belong to the Lord. He is their Creator and He has established their lives long before I dreamed of being their mommy. I know I need the Lord to help me be a mom the way He would have me be. His will of parenting goes beyond my human abilities! I need strength, patience, wisdom, discernment, revelation, and a generous helping of His love daily. I pray that the Holy Spirit is so evident in me that I will be a godly role model for Connor and all my children. Below are pictures from Connor's dedication. We pray every day that the Holy Spirit will reveal Himself to our children and that they will grow in faith with Jesus Christ. This in one of the prayers from the book The Power of a Praying Parent, that I have taken as my own:

Lord, I pray that You would pour out Your Spirit upon Connor this day and anoint him for all that You have called him to be and do. May he never stray from Your path and try to be something he was not created to be. Deliver Connor from any evil plan of the devil to rob him of life, to steal away his uniqueness and giftedness, to compromise the path You've called him to walk, or to destroy the person You created him to be. May he not be a follower of anyone but You, but may he be a leader of people into Your kingdom.


This is one of Connor's most recent pictures - now 3 months old.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

Sweet photos! You guys have great parents (who also provided both of you wonderful examples of God's love and His perfect way)...so we feel very confident that you two will be blessed with the knowledge to raise your amazing kids as well! :)