I make careful considerations before choosing the winning movie. The following is a list of criteria I look for in a movie for Scary Movie Night:
1) It must be scary. I want our guests to be on the edge of their seats.
2) The movie can't be rated R. This seriously limits the options, but there are plenty of scary PG-13 movies out there. I just make a little extra effort to create a tense environment...ie: always turn the lights out...or sneak outside during the movie and rattle the windows...etc.
3) I prefer a movie that I think most of our guests probably have not seen. Any scary movie will be scarier the first time you see it because you don't know what is coming.
In the past year we joined Netflix so I now have a deeper library of movies to choose from. This year's movie should be a doozy. It is fairly different than the movies we watched in the previous years. I think that will help keep Scary Movie Night fresh. Jodi has not even seen the movie yet, so that will be fun.
G
1 comment:
Ooooh! I'm glad Shaun will be with me this year so I have someone to hold on to.
Nice to see you're enjoying this blogging thing too!
Post a Comment