We went to Oak Glen yesterday and while we can say that Carson had a great time mommy and daddy wished it had
been about 20 degrees cooler! It is the middle of October and we are still enduring 90 degree weather. Grandma and grandpa braved the large crowds with us and we ended up at Los Rios Ranch. We went to the "original" Riley's Farm first and it lacked activities for a toddler - knife throwing and Tomahawk throwing I didn't want in Carson's repertoire. So we ventured to Los Rios where we told there was a great BBQ and a kiddie ranch. The BBQ was good, but waiting about 45 minutes to enjoy it drained us and we hadn't even seen any pumpkins yet to Carson's dismay. After lunch we headed to the kiddie ranch where Carson chased goats, tried waking up a very large pig, fed a llama, and climbed a haystack pyramid. We, of course, couldn't leave until he had ridden the pony. He was concentrating very hard as he rode.
It was a very nice day, but we did learn a couple of things. Next time, we will be certain to go on a cooler day. It is just not the same checking out pumpkins and apples on a hot and crowded day. We would have wished for there to be less people but that is a catch 22. If we went on a week day, many of the activities wouldn't have been open. Last year, we went to the Oak Glen Village and really enjoyed the activities for Carson and the restaurant. We would like to see the more colonial Riley's Farm and a couple more ranches in Oak Glen before deciding which place is the best. For now, the village is pretty high on our list.
3 comments:
Aren't we cute!!! Super stylish to for a brand new blog!
Can't wait to be nosy in your life...why no painted belly pumpkin photos? hehe.
great! I love the pictures of Carson - he is such a little man :) We need to catch up soon.
Yeah! Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so glad you joined! I know I see you at least twice a week but I'm still thrilled to keep up on reading your blog too! I don't think you could ever have to much Cope time!
Post a Comment