
Yesterday I picked up our new crib and assembled it. We love it. This is the Millbury crib by Baby Appleseed in antique chestnut. We also got the matching 5-drawer dresser. We knew we wanted a convertible crib when we began our search for another bedroom set. We like the idea of using this piece of furniture for a very long time...possibly until our kid moves out for college. But since we want to use this piece of furniture for years to come, we understood that we needed to get a quality piece of furniture. So we searched around a few local baby furniture stores, as well as online, and decided on this crib. When searching for crib reviews online, I did not find very many reviews of Baby Appleseed so I figured I should write a brief one here.
1) Style: Jodi loves the look. I enjoy it too. We think this is a style that we will still like in 15 years when it is a full bed.
2) Quality: After putting the bed together and seeing the finished product in my home, I can say I am very pleased with the quality. It is made of some type of hardwood, which one I do not know. But it is solid and won't dent too easily when our girl uses one of the rails as a teething toy. The wood is also clean, and by that I mean there are not any nasty knots or noticible imperfections. The 5-drawer dresser is very well construsted. The drawers are dove-tailed so the face of the drawer should not yank off after years use. The underside of the drawers have two support rails instead of one which is more common. This means the bottom is less likely to fall out when the drawer is overstuffed. We also enjoy the chestnut finish. The hardwood is stained which should also improve the durability of the furniture. Veneers and paint I think would be more likely to chip and wear down more over the years.
2) Quality: After putting the bed together and seeing the finished product in my home, I can say I am very pleased with the quality. It is made of some type of hardwood, which one I do not know. But it is solid and won't dent too easily when our girl uses one of the rails as a teething toy. The wood is also clean, and by that I mean there are not any nasty knots or noticible imperfections. The 5-drawer dresser is very well construsted. The drawers are dove-tailed so the face of the drawer should not yank off after years use. The underside of the drawers have two support rails instead of one which is more common. This means the bottom is less likely to fall out when the drawer is overstuffed. We also enjoy the chestnut finish. The hardwood is stained which should also improve the durability of the furniture. Veneers and paint I think would be more likely to chip and wear down more over the years.
3) Delivery: The store we ordered from gave us the standard lead time of 12 weeks with a warning that it could take as long as 16 weeks. With our due date in early February, we went ahead and ordered the furniture in mid-September. To our surprise we got a call that our furniture had arrived only two weeks after ordering. So we let the furniture sit a couple weeks at the furniture store before picking it up since we hadn't cleared out the guest room yet. So no delivery problems for us. Baby Appleseed's head office is located here in SoCal so that probably helps. I was very pleased with the packaging of the furniture. Each piece was individually wrapped in a type of styrofoam sleeve, all surrounded by a fair amount of styrofoam for a snug fit in the cardboard. It would take some serious mishandling in the shipping process to damage the furniture.
Overall, we are more than pleased with our selection. We will recommend the Millbury crib by Baby Appleseed to friends and family that ask.
We will post some pictures of the completed room once that is done in 2-3 months.
We will post some pictures of the completed room once that is done in 2-3 months.
And we will probably announce our baby girl's name within the next 7-10 days. Any guesses?
G
7 comments:
Love the crib! I can't wait for the "unveiling" of your daughter's name!!! :)
~Kristi
crib looks very nice, loved your review greg. may i ask, where did you purchase it...may need to know that for future reference.. =)
We purchased the furniture from Le Baby Originals in Riverside. A mom and pop shop. We've had a good experience with Le Baby too; we also got Carson's furniture there a few years back.
Le Baby Originals
9840 Indiana Ave, Ste 8
Riverside, CA 92503
951.352.0340
beautiful crib! my guess for Carson's baby sister's name is Cassie.
love ~ mom
Jodi tells me that her name is Not Telling Nicole Cope. BUT I don't believe her (Greg, I know YOU would never do that) so I'll guess Cassidy... Cassie for short!
I have no guesses - sad. But, I do look forward to you telling us! I think its almost been within the time frame that you promised us...
Also, Greg, I could picture you giving a speech on this crib. I think you write like you talk. It looks like a beautiful bed for little sweet baby Cope!
Thanks for the review! I looked at this set last night and fell in love with it, I'm glad to kow your experience - Thanks!
And congrats on your little girl!
Post a Comment