Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Carson is 5...tomorrow

On the eve of my oldest turning 5 all I can do is sit and wonder how much has changed in the last 5 years. Who I am this evening was not who I was on that Wednesday night on my way to the hospital. Life has happened....what have I accomplished?
My first born will be 5 in a few short hours. Am I as good of a mom as I wished I would be? Have I been humble enough to admit I am not? Have I shown Carson all the love he deserves? How have I wasted time on me instead of investing more in him? Have I put my love for him above my Heavenly Father? What have I taught him? Have I shown him Jesus? How have I shown him Jesus? How have I become a better mother?
Oh, the questions....too heavy for Tuesday night! 5 years.... 5 YEARS.... Oh, how I love you my sweet boy!
Happy early Birthday!

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

As I read your post I couldn't help but be amazed at how the questions we ask ourselves (as we reflect on our parenting "skills") don't really change that much over the years. :/

From where we sit...it looks like you two are doing a FINE JOB as parents to 5-year-old Carson, 2-year-old Cassidy & 6-month-old Connor! :)

Our oldest (& youngest...okay, well, as you know Julie is our ONLY child) just reminded us last night that she is "almost 30"! Talk about how time seems to fly by! :)

Love, Aunt Janet